Metrologic’s Orbit is an aggressive, omnidirectional presentation laser bar code scanner. Designed for applications where counter space is at a premium, Orbit is the ideal presentation scanner for retail, convenience, liquor and specialty stores.
In addition, Orbit’s unique, contoured shape allows it to be picked up and used as a hand-held when scanning large or bulky items. Lightweight and rugged, Orbit is small in size but BIG in performance.
Engineered with a large, easy-to-find sweet spot, Orbit increases first pass read rate for maximum productivity. The scanning head can be tilted vertically a full 30° for added flexibility when scanning various sized objects. Orbit has a patented 20-line omnidirectional scan pattern that produces 1,200 scan lines per second. These features increase the scanning throughput, without increasing Orbit’s size.
Orbit is engineered for easy configuration and utilizes user-replaceable cables, in order to meet the multiple application needs across the many markets it serves . Data editing or “parsing” is also a standard feature. Parsing enables the encoded information to be manipulated to meet the host system’s requirements.
- Fully automatic scan operation
- Decodes RSS-14, RSS Limited and RSS Expanded bar codes
- User-replaceable, single cable interface to host
- Mountable to a wall or under checkwriting stands
- Customize the depth-of-field for tight scanning environments
- Custom edit the bar code data to meet the requirements of the application
- Multiple beeper tones